Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Robin's Egg Blue Sunday


A warm and sunny early Spring day!

With the windows thrown open, I am dragging out the dye pots to replenish my sparce looking hand dyed woolens.

Today my kettles are simmering Cupboard Blues, and Robins Egg, and farmhouse blues. Antiquing in Central Illinois last week we saw lots of these chippy blues on painted pieces, some original, and some with a layered fresh coat.

For recipes I turned to Wendy Miller's Cookbook for Primitive Colors, Karen Kahle's Vintage Colors, and The Woolie Gardens Recipes. These are 3 of my favorite dye recipe collections.

Blues are not often used in abundance in hooked rugs. Yesterday I drew a purse pattern, and will be hooking it in blues and creams - inspired by some of my stoneware crockery. Will post my results soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment